Improve space utilization without compromising performance
CSD 3000 with its innovative hardware compression feature
40% deployment cost savings with NO performance penalty
– General Manager of UCloud Storage and Innovative Product Line
Challenge: Improve space utilization without compromising performance
UPFS (UCloud Parallel File System) is UCloud’s proprietary parallel file system, supporting IB/RoCE networks and adhering to POSIX standards. It delivers microsecond-level data access and read/write throughputs of several hundred GB/s. Ideal for AIGC, autonomous driving, EDA simulation, CG rendering, and other business applications.
This product tackles major challenges in enterprise data storage, addressing issues like high costs, low space utilization, and diverse business needs.
- If using EC (Erasure Coding), performance is low.
- With triple replicas, space utilization is low.
- There is a need to find a method to improve space utilization without compromising performance.
Solution: CSD 3000 with its innovative hardware compression feature
Innovative SoC controller architecture
SFX 3000, from ScaleFlux, is an advanced SoC controller designed to seamlessly integrate computational storage into enterprise NVMe SSDs. This breakthrough enhances system performance and drive capabilities without requiring complex software changes.
Transparent compression in storage boosts SSD operation efficiency, increases maximum data write capacity, and optimizes storage links. NVMe SSDs with this technology boast better performance, a longer lifespan and greater stability as a result.
By introducing transparent compression technology, this solution effectively reduces data storage costs while simultaneously achieving high performance and reliability under a multi-replica mechanism.
Benefits: 40% deployment cost savings with NO performance penalty
- UPFS employs multiple replicas for data reliability. This improves performance over erasure coding, but reduces overall storage space efficiency, increasing the costs of storage. Double replication reduces the efficiency to 50%; triple replication reduces efficiency to 33%.
- UPFS, with ScaleFlux SSDs deployed, enables seamless data compression without performance impact, effectively lowering storage costs in AIGC, gene sequencing, and EDA scenarios.