This Hype Cycle focuses on emerging innovative storage and data protection technologies and evaluates business impact, adoption rate and maturity level to help infrastructure and operations leaders build adaptable and future-ready storage, and data protection platforms for changing business needs.
Strategic Planning Assumptions
• By 2025, 60% of all enterprises will require storage products to have integrated ransomware defense mechanisms, up from 10% in 2022.
• By 2026, large enterprises will triple their unstructured data capacity stored as file or object storage on-premises, at the edge or in the public cloud, compared to 2022.
• By 2025, 60% of I&O leaders will implement at least one of the hybrid cloud architectures, from 15% in 2022.
• By 2025, more than 40% of enterprise storage will be deployed at the edge, up from 15% in 2022.
• By 2025, 30% of external enterprise storage arrays deployed to support primary storage workloads will adopt NVMe-oF, compared with fewer than 5% in 2021.
Sample Vendors: Arm; Eideticom; Netint Technologies; NGD Systems; Samsung Electronics; ScaleFlux