The Datacenter Sales Director will lead field-based efforts with ScaleFlux to drive proactive adoption and integration of ScaleFlux NVMe SSD Products with the World’s largest Datacenter and Service Providers. This role will be highly transactional and require an understanding of both supply-chain scheduling and VPA’s. Lastly, the ability to understand and champion customer-based product qualifications with the help of our technical team will expedite the cadence of product orders.
A current Rolodex of Hyperscale, Webscale and Service Provider decision makers and a background of selling SSD’s is a must. Candidate should also have a solid understanding of how to “sell-with” top-tier value added resellers and OEM’s, and excellent presentation skills where selling against commodity is concerned. To be considered, one must be a subject matter expert with regard to flash SSD’s, and the storage industry in general. Our product mantra revolves around Building a Better SSD, it works and customer’s love the outcome.
ScaleFlux is looking for a self-starter that will thrive in a dynamic start-up environment. The ideal candidate will already know or be able to discover and sell to the key players in our Customer’s decision making landscape.
ScaleFlux products are designed for use in data centers, servers, and enterprise data storage environments. The focus of this role is to own and drive to successful closure of the SFX product families with the largest consumers of Flash SSD’s in the World. Being able to understand and articulate our Value Proposition vs. established vendors is a must.
- Devise strategy for selling ScaleFlux into tier one/tier two Hyperscale, Webscale and Service Provider End-Users.
- Create and execute account-based sales plans, many times in parallel with tech and purchasing teams
- Ownership of weekly status updates and Salesforce.com reports
- Interfacing with product management, marketing, and executive teams to reduce time to transact qualified business
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in within the Flash/Storage industry
Core Competency Requirements
- Thorough understanding of Datacenter customer base and qualification processes
- Proven experience delivering successful programs
- Relevant high-tech experience within the server, flash storage, and SSD markets
- Experience creating new relationships with ability to discover and interact with key contacts
- Must be able to work on multiple projects independently and under constant deadline pressure
- Strong time management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technically savvy to understand key technology issues to drive sales based on SFX Product Value